Great Choices for First-Time Projects
Sewing teachers recommend these "field tested" projects for first-time sewers. Also, visit www.sewing.org for project ideas for every interest and every level of sewing.
- Hair Accessories – every sewer has odd remnants of fabrics and kids love sewing these accessories.
- Tote Bags – for school, for sports, and even for trick-or-treating.
- Alphabet Pillows – have kids sew their own initials.
- Button Bracelets – sew buttons, charms, and ribbon roses onto a piece of elastic to create a bracelet.
- Basic Pillows – flanged square, knife-edge, Victorian roll with tied ends.
- Shell Top – done completely on a serger.
- Embroidered Linens – napkins, tea towels, or handkerchiefs provide the base for embroidery motifs.
- Christmas Ornaments – choices for every style.
- Fast-and-Easy Kids Clothes – jumpers, fleece pullovers, and pull-on pants.